History of East Peace Gas Co-op
East Peace Gas Co-op as it stands today was formed from the amalgamation of East Peace Gas Co-op Ltd and Smoky River Natural Gas Co-op on the 20th day of March 1978. The first amalgamated board consisted of fifteen board members and later dropped to a seven member board.
East Peace Gas Co-op Ltd started construction of pipeline installation in 1972. Since then East Peace Gas Co-op Ltd has flourished having an estimated 1472 kilometers of pipe in the ground and provide natural gas not only the rural community but commercial business and fuel gas to the oil field sector.
East Peace Gas Co-op Ltd operates under the direction of seven board members. The directors are elected on a rotating basis for a three year term and are responsible for the implementation of policies and procedures in the operation of the co-op. Board meetings are held monthly and an annual meeting is held in March of each year. Members are encouraged to voice their opinions and concerns to the co-op manager. As well members are encouraged to attend the annual meetings.
As a member owned Natural Gas distribution Cooperative we strive to provide our membership with the best possible customer service at the lowest possible price.